Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Sort Of Start

While I really began this ivf cycle a few months back when they started me on birth control, today was the first day of the "serious meds".
I took my first Lupron shot this morning, and I'll take my dexamethasone tonight before bed.
Lupron is the drug that will completely shut my reproductive hormones down, basically putting me into a state of menopause. This makes my body completely dependent on the FSH and LH meds that I will be taking in a few weeks. It will also prevent me from ovulating on my own. I will continue to take a low dose injection of Lupron in the morning while I am doing my injections at night to stimulate follicle (egg) growth.

The dexamethazone is a steriod that is suppose to increase my egg quality while decreasing the chances of my body rejecting the embryos.

I am avoiding the list of side effects for any of these drugs. I feel like if I read them then they will start to manifest.

I have already apologized in advance to Joel for how I may behave. I am hoping to get through this with him still loving me. With the combination of drugs that they will have me on I will somehow be experiencing the hormones associated with pms, a pregnant woman, and a menopausal woman all at the same time. This may get ugly!

On a more exciting note- we are counting down the days to my new niece or nephew's arrival. Not fast enough for Ashley, I am sure. The baby is due in just three days time, and I cannot wait! I am asking for lots of prayers for Ash, Josh and the baby. May they have a safe and healthy delivery into the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment