Tuesday, April 14, 2009

7 weeks, 1st ultrasound



For some reason the image wants to upload on this blog wrong.
If everyone could please turn their head to the right they might notice- Baby A, and Baby B. We've got two baby beans baking! We're having TWINS!!!

We had our appointment yesterday afternoon. I was a wreck all morning. I kept praying over and over again just to see a heartbeat, one beautiful heartbeat.

When I was laying on the table I just stared at the CNP performing the u/s, trying to get a good "vibe" and hoping for good news. Joel was able to see the one screen in the room while I, of course, wasn't able to see it. He saw the two sacs right away, but waited for her to say something, and gave me no hint of what he was seeing on his face. In fact, I think he looked a little confused, so I just ended up staring at the ceiling and praying.
She said "There are two sacs, and there is definitely one heartbeat." I started to cry and grabbed Joel's hand. One heartbeat, that was all I wanted, if the second baby hadn't made it, it would be terrible, but I could deal with it. Then she probed around a little trying to get a good view of the second baby and added "And there's the second heartbeat." Ahhhhh!!! We told her that this was the best news we had heard in years.

My parents say they knew it all along. Joel said he had a feeling, although when I pressed him last week on a prediction he wouldn't answer me. I guess I was the only person out of the loop. Strange, considering I'm the one carrying them. I guess looking back I should have known. I've had all day and all night sickness from 4 weeks on, and I've been ridiculously exhausted. I had just been attributing it to the IVF.

We are so thrilled by this news! We are also scared out of our minds at the same time! More money, more time, more space, but so much more love to give and receive.

The consensus from everyone who has heard the news so far is that we are having one of each. I've got no "mother's intuition." Even if I did have an idea, I wouldn't believe anyway, I thought there was only one baby in there!

We've officially been released from my RE back into the hands of my OB.
The next u/s is scheduled in two weeks, OB appointment in four.

I'm just a plain, pregnant gal with twins. It's nice to finally join the rest of the world!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Joel and Anna! That is the best news I've heard in a long time. At this point I don't know that it makes up for all the struggles you two went through, but you just wait until your little ones come into this world, you will have a hard time remembering all those struggles. They just brighten up your life so much! I'm so happy for you both! Now take it easy mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world Savannah and Sebastian!! Just kidding, this is the best news I ever heard!! Happy happy happy day to you!! I am so excited for you!! Two babies?? Celebrate every great moment of this like I know that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You my dear are anything but PLAIN!!! :) Yay for babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Anna and Joel!! I knew I was going to have two friends preggers with twins :) Can't wait to meet the little tykes, it goes so fast!!

    ReplyDelete