Saturday, April 4, 2009

Goodbye Meds!

I am completely done with my meds. Yahoo!
My P4 levels came back great. The average progesterone levels in a first trimester pregnancy are between 9 and 47. Mine came back "well over 100" according to my doctor.
So no more shots in the butt! (My rear end is very happy) I was getting really bruised, and Joel said that he was running out of areas to inject.
I am officially now on my own in this pregnancy, no help from any meds other than the baby aspirin and prenatal vitamins.
I'm feeling really great so far. Meaning, that I am still nauseated, bloated, exhausted, peeing constantly. Every time that I feel like puking, or I start to dry heave, I say a prayer to the Lord and I thank Him.
I also ask for strength, and for Him to look over the baby(ies) that I am carrying.
We just have another week or two until we get to have our first ultrasound. It's very early compared to when most women have them. That's partly for the purpose of confirming the pregnancy which is, of course, important to the couple, but also for the CDC, since this is ART. Every cycle that was started, retrieval that was attempted, transfer that took place, positive blood test, and confirmation u/s must be recorded specifically for the clinic and for the United States' IVF statistics.
I will remain with my ivf doctor until the pregnancy is confirmed through the ultrasound, once at 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 weeks and then 2 weeks later. Once everything looks like it is progressing normally, I will be released back to my regular ob/gyn.
Speaking of my ob/gyn, she called me up the other night at 7:30pm just to congratulate me on the pregnancy! She had gotten the fax from my ivf clinic and wanted to call and check up on me. She asked how I was feeling, and said that she was really happy for us, and that she was looking forward to seeing me very soon.
I thought that was such a sweet thing to do.

3 comments:

  1. YIPPEE for no more meds!!!! Oh my goodness, what a relief that it's not becuase you're on another break cycle but becuase things are actually working out and beanie(s) are thriving as they should be!!!! Oh Annie, I don't think I can even express how happy I am for you and Joel!!! :-)

    I must say, I totally welled up with tears at thanking the Lord for every dry heave and nausea that you have... Such a blessing in disguise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new background!

    Can't wait to see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANNA AND JOEL. WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS THE OVERWHELMING JOY I FEEL FOR BOTH OF YOU. CONGATULATIONS! THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS! AND FOR THOSE WHO WAIT, WILL BE ENTIRELY BLESSED! AND TO THAT YOU ARE. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED FOR ANYTWO IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! I LOVE YOU BOTH DEARLY AND WOULD LOVE TO HELP AND DEVOTE ALL OF OF MY ENERGY TO DO ALL AND ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP. DONT EVER HESITATE TO CALL! MUCH LOVE, AND BLESSING TO THE "4" OF YOU. XOXO MICHELLE

    ReplyDelete