Monday, March 30, 2009

Picture Time



What is happening in this picture?? It's multiple choice, so venture a guess.

A) Joel just showed me the awful picture he took of me on his phone, and I am so disgusted by it that it has brought me to tears.

B) I just beat my high score on Tetris.

C) I have the nurse on speaker-phone and she just told us that we are pregnant.

Kudos to you, if you answered C.

I'M PREGNANT!!!! I AM FINALLY PREGNANT!
I thought that I would go my entire life without getting to utter those words.

It feels so weird to write those words, and even more strange to say them out loud.
I don't like to say them too much, I'm scared that I will jinx it.

After 3 years of struggling, begging, praying, and pleading, it finally worked.

God finally answered our prayers. I am so beyond thankful for making it this far.
We have a long way to go, so keep the prayers coming.
My initial HcG levels look great. They are nice and high and doubling like they should.
I have also been taking my fair share of home pregnancy tests just because they don't taunt me anymore with a stark white space.
There are two beautiful pink lines, and one is getting much darker than the control line.
Joel makes fun of me, but all of my SOP girls understand where I am coming from.
I should have kept them hidden from him, but I couldn't help but be so excited to show him how the line keeps getting darker.

I have a hormone level test on Friday, they'll check my P4. I'm hoping it looks good enough that I can stop the progesterone shots. I was already able to decrease my dose by half. They'll probably just switch me to the suppositories which are much more convenient.

We have an u/s in a few weeks to confirm a heartbeat. Please pray that we see one, because that is what I am so overly concerned about right now. We will also find out at that time how many babies there are. I'm almost positive there is only one.

Physically, I'm feeling great right now. I've got most of the early pregnancy stuff going on- cramping, super sore bbs, big bloat after I eat anything, peeing all the time, constant fatigue, waves of nausea. It's wonderful!! I have never loved anything more.
I thought that I would never get to experience this.
This is a gift. I am going to try to cherish every moment of it.

4 comments:

  1. Hey you have me in tears again!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! Over the moon, absolutely thrilled for you guys!!!!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears and giggles and laughter and reading off pratically your ENTIRE blog to hubby as I am just soooooo over the moon excited for you and Joel!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I must admit... When I read the first two choices I thought for sure it was B! LOL I mean, we know how addicted you are to Tetris!!! :-)

    CONGRATS again to you and daddy to be, Joel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Anna!!!! This is amazing...i don't even know what to say!!! You and Joel are going to be great parents. Congrats again. I hope to see you this saturday for Shelli's party so I can give you a huge hug!. Talk to you later.
    Lindsey T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, congrats, congrats, this is just so good, what great news. YOu are so brave to share it all this way, thank you. I will keep thinknig of you and praying for you and knowing that the next weeks are hard to wait and worry but celebrate with the worry!!! Lots and lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete