Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Wait

In the world of trying to conceive there is something called the "two week wait". This is the two weeks that occur after your attempt to become pregnant and before your period shows up, or doesn't show up.
They are long, and agonizing. You pray, and plead. You analyze every twinge and ache in your abdomen. You wonder if is an implantation cramp, or a menstrual cramp. You cringe every time you head to the bathroom, absolutely sickened by the thought of finding that your period has started.
It especially hurts when you have had to endure them time and time again, and every time the wait ends in a negative cycle.
Right now I am experiencing a different kind of wait. It's the fertilization report wait. It is just as agonizing, but luckily it only lasts a few days. I'm completely paranoid. It keep thinking that they will call to tell me that all of my eggs were bad, or that none of our embryos lived. It's difficult to remain positive sometimes. I know that I should. I have to literally pinch myself each time I start to think badly about.

While we wait for the fertilization report, I will leave you with some links to look at:

http;//www.rmia.com

This is our clinic: RMIA, Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.

Everyone there is so absolutely kind to us. They are very prompt about getting back to us when we have questions. My doctor is the greatest. He is such a kind man, you can tell that he really cares about his patients. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the most perfect clinic for us.


http://www.tearsandhope.com/emptyarms_video.html


This is a video explaining the journey that infertile couples take. It is so beautifully done, and explains in perfect words how most of us feel.


http://www.stumbleupon.com

This is one of Joel's favorite websites to bum around at. It has links to interesting web pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment