Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 8


I'm bloated. Completely stuffed with eggs and follicular fluid. None of my pants fit in the waist. I can't button or zip any of them. I went out and bought a B.ella band, one of those maternity bands to hold your pants up. I took a picture for everyone to see. Joel said it doesn't compare to what it looks like in person. It's really funny actually. I think that my guys at work are starting to wonder if I'm pregnant. I catch them staring at the bloat, then minutes later they are talking about babies. It's especially gigantic right where my ovaries are(I can locate them easily from the scars left from my surgeries). I'm hoping they remove all the painful bloat along with the eggs.
On to the news: Joel and I took an early morning trip over to Woodbury where our clinic's main office is located. The Edina clinic isn't open on the weekends.
I was the last b/w and u/s patient of the morning, so we had a nice long wait before being seen. I took a look at a travel magazine (bad idea). I think I need another vacation. We decided that when we are finally pregnant we will go somewhere to celebrate. Heading back to Mexico sounds good right about now.

Again, everything looks great.
My endometrial lining is now at an 8.8, triple striped, which is wonderful considering it doesn't need to be that thick until the transfer, which is about a week away still. Just that much more time for it to get cushy and make a nice home for the embryos that we will be putting transferring back.
We measured 20 almost mature follicles, with a handful of smaller ones!
I will be triggering tomorrow night.
It will be Joel's first time giving me a shot. My mom, and sister have always done my trigger shots before. This one has to be at 11:00 pm and he has the night off. I am sure he will enjoy inflicting pain on me, after the pain in the butt that I have been to him these past few weeks.
Everything is scheduled, and we will be doing the egg retrieval late Tuesday morning. Unless my E2 levels come back and indicate a change. I doubt that will happen, so right now we are planning on Tuesday.
Joel was told that he can be in the retrieval room while they are extracting my eggs. This, of course, made me jealous. I am fascinated by this whole process. He gets to see it first-hand.
He reminded me that I will be there.
I told him that being "put under" doesn't count. I think it would be so amazing to see the process. I guess having him in the room is second best. He can give me a play by play of what happened after I wake up.

Only a little longer until we have our very own embryos, our very own tiny baby seedlings. I just pray that the rest of this cycle goes as smoothly as the first part has.

No comments:

Post a Comment