Thursday, February 17, 2011

Maybe its the warmer temps outside. It could be that my formerly sick kids are sleeping better, so now mama is sleeping better. Perhaps it was a full weekend of spending quality time as a family.
Whatever it is... I love it. I am feeling refreshed and excited about life again.
I am counting the days until I see green buds on the trees.

We had been itching to get outside. The above freezing temps allowed us to head outdoors and explore our surroundings. We made our very first snowman together.
Gabe didn't seem to care too much for it, and spent most of his time either crying or attempting to climb our legs.



Nat loved it. He giggled when we through the snow up into the air. Took bites out of the snow balls that we made for him. He didn't even make a fuss when he fell face first into the snow when we took a trip in the sled around the yard.
They fell in love with their first taste of "hot cocoa". Our version of it was warm milk with about a teaspoon of the chocolate mix.




On Sunday we ventured up to the Zoo. It was such an amazing sight to see their reactions to all of the animals.
Our boys, even though they are twins, have been so different from one another since the day they were born.
Nat was so outwardly vocal about his joy in watching the dolphin show. He clapped, and waved and laughed. His eyes sparkled and he bounced with excitement.
Gabe just watched intently. His mouth open wide. I could see his little brain working and trying to figure out what it was that he was seeing. He has always been the "thinker", the "explorer." Occasionally I would see a small grin cross his face.
They both enjoyed themselves, but they do it in their own way, with their own style.

It is one of my very favorite things about having twins. I love seeing how their unique personalities come out in every little thing they do. From their sleeping patterns to the way they react to a new environment.
They are constantly changing. One month Gabe will be my shy-guy and Nat will be outgoing and assertive, the next month they've done a 180. They love to keep me on my toes.

We are looking forward to an upcoming weekend with Grandma and Grandpa. It's been a month since we saw them last and I know that the boys have changed a ton.

No comments:

Post a Comment