Thursday, March 31, 2011

I was going to post last night.
I was going to come on and rant  about how I am feeling suffocated by my kids.
How I am tired of breaking up fights, I am tired of their naps being staggered so I get absolutely no break during the day.
I am tired of the screaming. Tired of the tears. Tired of being a needed ALL the time.
I can't turn my back without one of them climbing a table or pushing a chair up to the counter to retrieve some type of item dangerous to toddlers.
I feel guilty for thinking it and feeling it. I know that it's normal, that most mom's, especially SAHMs can feel like this from time to time.
I logged on, and on my reading list of blogs that I follow was an update from a fellow mother to twins.
One of her little girls died yesterday.
They were born very early. She and her sister had spent all of their lives fighting to live. All 7 months of her little life had been lived in a hospital, with tubes in her arms, her nose, and in her chest. They never got to bring her home.

Now she is gone.

My heart aches for her parents. Her sister will not have memories, only pictures to look at, of her identical twin.
I felt horrible, stupid, and guilty. These little things that irritate me, are things that her mother and father long for, and can no longer have with their child. The everyday things that I take for granted are little moments that they will never have.
My heart is broken for them. I can only hope that everyone's prayers will uplift them and get them through this difficult time.
I'm starting today with a new perspective. Life is so short, and so precious to take it for granted. My kids could be taken from me tomorrow and I would kick myself for feeling so selfish today.
I'll be hugging them closer, cuddling with them more, and saying a prayer of thanks for having all the time that I have with them.

2 comments:

  1. I could not agree more. That blog made me really appreciate that my boys are here and alive and well, even if they do fight and cause trouble. they have each other, and we are so lucky in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna--
    You are doing such a good job with the boys and they are so blessed to have a wonderful mom. I think all moms get tired sometimes tho so don't feel too guilty.
    At times it helps to realize that all that trouble is what makes them normal. And that is what you really want, if you think about it.
    It is so terrible to lose a child tho. As you know, Kari's mom lost her oldest daughter this week at the young age of 35. Every moment is precious and too often over too soon.
    But even Jesus rested.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete