Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

These temps have me shivering even while inside layered in clothes, snuggling under blankets.
The end of January, February, and March are always so hard. The magic of winter is gone, yet Spring is still so far away. We are feeling very cooped up with the bitter cold temperature outdoors.
We ventured out to the store yesterday for some diapers, and coffee. (The most important things around here). My poor little guys were whimpering in the blustery wind while I fumbled with the stroller straps. I promised them that we would stay home until it warmed up a little.
Gabe and Nat's new word is "snow." We constantly look out the windows and talk about all the white snow on the ground. It's wonderful to see their eyes light up when the snow is falling from the sky.
We were able to venture out earlier this week for a playdate at our friend C's house. Auntie Ashley and Harper were there, as well C's twins cousins.
2 sets of sisters and 6 kids under 2.
It was fun chatting with another mom with twins. Especially since her twins are only 2 weeks older than Gabe and Nat.
The kids all seemed to love it.
I can tell you that I am really looking forward to ECFE classes starting up again in a few weeks. The walls in this house are really starting to close in around me.
Lucky for me, my husband asked me out on a date! Tomorrow night, my parents will be watching the children while we head out to dinner and a party with his coworkers.
Sadly, I think it's been 5 months since we had a proper date-night. We are long overdue


.


No comments:

Post a Comment