Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Flu

We've been hit.
With.
The Flu.

Yes, almost every person in this home has managed to get the stomach flu.
It started with Nat on Sunday. I, being the super quick thinking mama, took 3 occasions of him puking to actually realize that he was sick.
Big Duh.
Sunday overnight was a struggle. He was vomiting a good portion of the night. I alternated between changing sheets, and changing runny diapers. Sometime around 2am, he crashed.
Both of the boys were crabby and fussy on Monday. I was feeling like I was getting sick. They screamed. So I brought them to bed with us. We were vomited on, a few times. Then I got sick.
I would race to the bathroom to be sick while the boys would scream "mama!" It went on for hours.
We were all finally settled, bellies emptied of contents, around midnight. Joel and I split up, each taking a kid with us. Him in the nursery with Nat. Me in our room with Gabe. We got a solid four hours of sleep.
The boys lounged with me in bed the next day. I threw my typical rules out the window and actually let them stare at PBS kids shows while we slept on and off throughout the day.
Joel, the amazing husband and father that he is, did loads of puke stained laundry and ran errands to pick up Pedialyte and Gatorade.
My not-so-nice husband picked at me for being a "cry baby" when I'm sick. I kindly reminded him that the stomach flu is no laughing matter and that he should be careful because he would likely get it. He laughed and made some comment about how he never gets sick.
It is now Wednesday. Gabe, Nat and I are feeling quite a bit better.
Joel has been sick all day.
He's in bed, with 2 layers on. Under 2 blankets and a down comforter with 2 pillows covering his head.
I asked him how he was feeling earlier. His response was faint,since it's coming from under 2 pillows "I feel like dying."
I asked if he needed anything.
"I need you to kill me now."
We're hoping to get back to normal tomorrow. Naps are still a little longer, and bedtime is still a little earlier.
I think we'll be caught up on laundry in a week or two.

1 comment:

  1. Joel never gets sick? Ask him if he remembers his 18th birthday? Hope he is better now.

    ReplyDelete