Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Sleepover

Gabe and Nat made their first attempt at a sleepover. It didn't go so well.

We had just finished reading a small stack of books and they indicated that they were ready for a nap. Instead of walking over to his own crib and putting his hands in the air, like a sort of "Lift me up, mama." Nat walked over to Gabe's crib, Gabe followed, and the asked to get in.
I thought "Why not? You are the ones wanting to try it." I'm sure there will come a day when I find you both cuddled in one bed. We might as well try it in a crib."

So I scooped them up. Got them all snuggled next to one another. Gave them their nuks, their stuffed animals and covered them with their blankies. They were both giddy, but Nat quickly rolled over and attempted to sleep. I kissed them and left the room. Not two minutes later the screaming started. I gave it a minute, thinking that they might get it figured out on their own. When the yelling didn't stop I checked on them.
There was Gabe sprawled out, face up and spread eagle, on top of poor little Nat. Both nuks and blankies were on the floor. Apparently while Nat was hoping for some snuggle time, Gabe was looking for a full-out wrestling match.
I put them in their own cribs, gave hugs and kisses and told the boys that they can try a sleepover when they are a little bit older.

They're both sleeping like angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment